Our Caterham 7 Rear Light Cluster LED Upgrade Kit replaces the original incandescent bulbs inside the rear light cluster with a modern JAL LED panel.
Each replacement LED panel consists of 72 ultra bright, wide angle LED’s. 36 on each side for stop/tail and indicator functions. The LED panel is a high quality bespoke design for any car using this rear light cluster.
All wires and connectors are supplied and with a simple modification to the cluster inner plate you can retain the classic Caterham 7 look, with an E marked lens but with high performance OSRAM LED lights inside.
LED brake lights are proven to reduce the reaction time of a driver in a following vehicle and considerably reduce their stopping distance.
A difference in reaction time of just 0.2 seconds at 75 mph translates into 21 feet extra braking distance for the cars behind. This can literally be the difference between life and death.
This is an easy upgrade and is one of the best safety modifications for your Caterham 7.
Please note the following:
- Please read the installation instructions before purchase.
- You will need to upgrade your flasher relay to an LED type (see our LED relay below).
- The LED’s are coloured red/amber and will work perfectly with both the standard and clear lens.
Why upgrade your Caterham 7 Rear Light Cluster to LED?
- Safety – LED’s light up almost instantaneously
- Higher Efficiency – 90% of energy is turned into light
- Long Lasting – LED’s last between 10,000 – 50,000 hours!
- Significantly brighter than the original lights
- Retain the original Caterham look
- 36 Red high quality OSRAM LED for stop/tail
- 36 Amber high quality OSRAM LED for indicator
- Can be used with either coloured or clear lens
- Tried and tested JAL quality and reliability
- JAL support team always ready to help
- 1 Year Warranty
Whats in the box?
- Caterham 7 Rear Light Cluster LED Upgrade Kit
- 2 x 72 LED Panels (Stop/Tail/Indicator functions)
- 2 x Waterproof 4 pin econoseal connector (pre-crimped)
Are they easy to fit?
Yes! You do not need any vehicle or electrical knowledge to fit our Caterham 7 Rear Light Cluster LED Upgrade Kit. You will need a 3mm drill to modify your existing cluster plate. Please read the installation instructions before purchase. If you would prefer a ready made LED cluster then they are available here.
- LED: OSRAM Power TOPLED
- LED panels are built to IPC610 Class 3 specification (see below)
- The LED Flasher Unit Relay (see below) may be needed to ensure your indicators flash at the correct speed.
- Non handed fits both sides
Yes we Ship Worldwide. To obtain a shipping cost simply add items to your cart and enter your address at checkout. If your country is not listed at checkout please contact us.
If you have any questions regarding our Caterham 7 Rear Light Cluster LED Upgrade Kit then please use the ‘Product Enquiry’ tab
As with any product there are cheap versions and high quality versions. LED’s are no different and there are many cheap LED’s available from China. We have rigorously tested dozens of products and we have found that many are sub-standard, less efficient and unreliable. With this in mind, we ensure that all Just Add Lightness products only use the highest grade, branded LED’s and components, to ensure the highest possible satisfaction for our customers.
IPC610 Class 3 and ISO9001 Standards
Our LED panels are manufactured to both ISO9001 and IPC610 Class 3 standard. IPC610 Class 3 is the highest standard possible for Printed Circuit Boards and is often associated with military and aerospace panels.
Class 3 PCB’s are defined as; products where continued high performance or performance-on-demand is critical, equipment downtime cannot be tolerated, end-use environment may be uncommonly harsh, and the equipment must function when required.
If you’re looking for a lighting solution for your vehicle that combines efficiency and improved illumination, LED lights from Just Add Lightness are a great choice.