The JAL PRO-COM headset is the perfect way to communicate, listen to music and take telephone calls whilst driving your Caterham 7.
The PRO-COM headset is a self contained, self powered headset that has been designed for high noise environments. It offers state of the art electronic noise filtering coupled together with an extremely high-quality noise cancelling microphone.
Headsets can be worn on their own or simply plug two together for two way intercom. You will be able to hear and transmit clear signals even in the harshest environment.
PRO-COM – No other headset has all of these features:
- Microphone: Aviation/military grade waterproof electronic noise cancelling mic with flexible boom and large sponge wind muff.
- Sound Quality: Superb high quality stereo sound.
- Comfort: Headset does not squeeze your head and has been designed for hours of constant use.
- Ear Defenders: Twin skinned super soft gel ear defenders that cut out up to 3 times more ambient noise than other headsets.
- Side Tone: Side Tone is a feature where some of your own voice is fed back into your headset and gives you an indication that your microphone is working, how loud you are speaking and that your call is connected. This eliminates the need to shout and transmits a clear audio transmission.
- PMR – Private Mobile Radio: Designed to work with virtually any PMR radio. Also allows the use of 2 PMR radios at once.
- Muting circuit: If you are listening to music, telephone or second radio and the MASTER radio receives a signal then the other devices will automatically mute.
- Tandem Intercom: Connect two JAL PRO-COM headsets together for tandem use as a driver to passenger intercom. No need for a separate intercom box.
- Bluetooth: Available in both Bluetooth, (for music and telephone calls), and Non-Bluetooth versions.
- Ease of Use: PTT (Push To Talk) and digital volume dial built onto the headset.
- Rechargeable Battery: 60+ hours battery life (typically 100 hours) using NiMh battery packs (no memory effect).
- Driver to Passenger Intercom Cable: Used to connect two JAL PRO-COM headsets for driver to passenger intercom.
- Quick Release PMR Cable: Allows the PMR cable to be removed when not in use (as shown in the product pictures).
- Line out sound recording cable: Allows connection of an audio recorder (GoPro etc).
- Second PMR radio cable: Allows connection of a second PMR radio to the headset using the locking bayonet.
- Remote PTT button: A mountable separate PTT button.
- Soft carry case
What’s in the box?
- 1 x PRO-COM Headset – Non Bluetooth Version
- 1 x PMR Cable – Fixed (there is an option to make this cable removable. If required then please also add this option to your order)
- 1 x Charger
- 1 x Instructions
Not sure what you need? Try our PRO-COM System Builder
PRO-COM – Quality is the driving force.
As with all things there are cheap and high-end headsets on the market today. One of the main reasons some headsets can seem expensive is the quality of the components used. For example, the microphone used on a PRO-COM headset costs upwards of £65 + VAT on it’s own! It’s expensive, but the performance and build quality are exceptional.
You can buy cheap microphones for a few pounds, but they will give you poor audio quality that you can barely hear. A PRO-COM microphone is tuned to perfection, plus it is waterproof and has anti-popping circuitry.
Like many microphones the PRO-COM features noise cancelling technology, but we’ve gone one better with the addition of NRC – Noise Reducing Circuitry. This ensures that the PRO-COM produces high quality audio in the harshest environments.
So, can you just fit a good microphone on a cheap headset? Afraid not, you also need really good speakers. PRO-COM speakers are titanium coated and use the highest quality diaphragms, together with many other features they always re-produce excellent audio.
These are just a few examples of components used in a JAL PRO-COM headset.
Yes we Ship Worldwide. To obtain a shipping cost simply add items to your cart and enter your address at checkout. If your country is not listed at checkout please contact us.
If you have any questions regarding JAL PRO-COM headset then please use the ‘Product Enquiry’ tab or Contact us.